Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Carla ~Before and After





How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story ?


I thought about going natural for about 2 yrs before I actually did it. I've loved naturally curly hair for years, but it never occurred to me that I could have it! (weird right?)...until one day I ended up on YouTube and saw all the versatility that natural hair offered! I was instantly obsessed with it! And because I was impatient, I didn't really transition. I got all my hair cut off after 3 mos. without a relaxer.


Was your transition a long or short one?

very short...like non-existent.


We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair
while in transition,what products did you use to keep
your hair moisturized?



I didn't really transition. The way I keep my hair moisturized now is by co-washing with Aussie Moist or Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner twice a week. I also use extra virgin coconut oil on my hair for shine and softness daily. I deep condition once a week with olive oil, my favorite conditioner, and honey. I use Castor oil in the winter time on my twists and also as a pre-poo treatment.


When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?


I had really mentally prepared myself for the BC, so after it happened I felt great! I felt free and a little "naked." I could no longer hide behind my hair, and I liked that feeling. I felt more confident and unique. Everyone was shocked when they saw that I really did it. No one really believed I would. But 99% of people's reactions were positive!


Did you have any regrets?

I have literally not had ONE second of regret for this whole first year being natural! I love my new-found hair!


What are your long term goals for your hair journey?


My ultimate goal is for healthy hair. But along with that, I am expecting my hair to continue to grow down my back. Will I be okay if it doesn't? Definitely. I also am trying to educate everyone who will listen about natural hair and how it is not this scary monster that we are taught to believe. I applaud Angie for her wonderful site! I also have a site: Fyecurls@blogspot.com. "Each one...Teach one!" (I stole that from the Precious movie... :-))


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me! I love your site! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails