Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jaee Jae ~ Before and After




How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story ?


I was thinking about going natural from May 2008 I believe. I left home to come to college and I noticed that everyone had curly, natural, pretty hair. I felt like I should not have permed my hair at 13. I thought I was a woman.. yes at 13 lol :) Furthermore, I just got to my breaking point with perms, I was tired of perming my hair every 3 to 6 months and only had one option, straight hair. I mean if I wanted my hair curly then I will have to use the curling iron or sit under the dryer with curlers. I was tired of putting my hair through that and plus if my hair was natural then I can have the option of straight or curly hair :).


Was your transition a long or short one?


My transition was a long one, 1 year and 1 month.



We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair
while in transition,what products did you use to keep
your hair moisturized?



I used Soft Sheen Optimum Oil Therapy. Its a 3-in-1 creme oil moisturizer. It restores essential oils, prevents breakage and protects against heat. I also used Bronner Brothers hair grease for my scalp mostly but I would distribute it throughout my hair.


What was your staple hairstyle while in transition?


At first I use to wash my hair and leave it out or half up half down but towards the end, the last month or so I brushed it in one and flipped it into a bun.


When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?


I decided to do the Big Chop when I didn't want to deal with the two different textures anymore. I did my Big Chop Jan. 2010. At first I liked it but then I started to hate it because I never had short hair before and couldn't come up with any short hairstyles. With long hair you can brush it in one and go but with short hair I had to leave it out or half up half down in a clip. After a while I liked it again and thought it was cute. Everyone liked it, especially my best friend. At first she was against it and when she saw it she liked it. It also helped with my career in modeling, everyone who I work with now loves it.


Did you have any regrets?


At first I did because I never had short hair but now I don't, I love it.


What are your long term goals for your hair journey?

My long term goals for my hair journey is to have healthy hair, longer hair and full hair. I feel like I am on the right path because I have 2 out of 3 so far and now I am waiting for the longer hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails