Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BIANCA~BEFORE AND AFTER

Meet Bianca,her only regret was not going natural sooner!!





How long were you thinking of going natural? Whats the story ?

Well, my mother had went natural a few years ago. She lives in Cali and I live in Ohio. And we would talk about her transition and how she would style her hair. But, it wasn't until I saw her that I said I would do it. I mean literally over night, I told myself that there would be no more chemicals for me. I started doing research online and looking at fotki albums. It wasn't until I discovered youtube videos that really gave me the confidence to do it! Youtube changed my life!

Was your transition a long or short one?


Well ,my plan was to transition for a year. I started out just wearing roller and rod sets, Then I moved to braids and wore those for a few months. When I took my first set of braids out, the plan was to get them re done, Never happened!! I was going to go to the shop to get a trim, I told my boyfriend that night that I didn't want to deal with the two textures and I was going to big chop. He didn't believe me of course! No one did! LOL! But, I got to the shop and I told her to cut it all off. She looked at me like I was crazy as did the other women in the shop. I didn't care! I felt so good and free after.

We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair
while in transition,what products did you use to keep
your hair moisturized?


During my transition I kept it very simple, I used Karen's body beautiful hair milk and hair butter, Because my hair stayed in braids it was rarely out.

What was your staple hairstyle while in transition?


My staple in the beginning was rod and roller sets, then braids.

When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?

I felt so great after my big chop! I mean the freedom! It was raining that day and I remember not needing an umbrella! I remember walking out the shop with my head held high as other women stared and probably thought I was crazy! LOL! My boyfriend loved it! He even shaped me up! My family and friends loved it. Everyone said it brought out my eyes and cheekbones! Sometimes I get an urge to cut it that short again But, I brush it off , I'm loving the growth!

Did you have any regrets?

My only regret was not doing it sooner! I wish I would of went natural years ago! Oh well, I'm glad I'm natural now and I will never go back to the creamy crack!

What are your long term goals for your hair journey?


I would like my hair to be healthy. I have big hair dreams! So I want to be able to maintain length , by keeping my hair protected, moisturized and trimming it on a regular basis.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails