Thursday, January 28, 2010

KELLY~BEFORE AND AFTER

Meet Kelly,this would be her second time going natural. Growing healthy thick natural hair are the goals she hopes to attain this time around.





How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story ?

I had actually gone natural some years ago, back in high school ,I just never BC'd. Soon after ,I decided to put a relaxer back into my hair. I had thought about going natural since 2008 ,but never had the guts to go through with it ,I was worrying about what other people would think about my hair. I was finally inspired by my sister's natural journey ,to go ahead a get it done. Once I realized it would be an exciting experience.


Was your transition a long or short one?


My transition lasted about 9 months, although nine months is a lot of time ,it when by fast.



We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair
while in transition,what products did you use to keep
your hair moisturized?


I really didn't use too many products in my hair,the products I used were the same from my relaxed days. I moisturized my hair with the organics root stimulator deep conditioning packet, and oiled my hair starting out with Africans Best Ultimate Herbal Oil. Well into my transition I started using my own concoction of oil mix which composed of Grape seed oil, Castor oil, Peppermint oil, and Rosemary oil.

What was your staple hairstyle while in transition?

My staple hairstyle was the basic bun, which is what I wore 98% of the time I transitioned.

When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?

My reaction to my Big Chop was good ,I had been anticipating and was excited to cut it off. It was liberating to finally have my natural texture completely exposed.

Did you have any regrets?

The only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner.

What are your long term goals for your hair journey?

My long term goals are to grow completely healthy, full and thick hair. I would love to see how long my hair can grow in its healthiest state.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails