Sunday, January 24, 2010

MY FEATURE ON BLACK GIRL WITH LONG HAIR.

The CN tower in downtown Toronto is one of the tallest structures in the world








Where are you from?
A: I am from Ontario, Canada (born and raised) and I work in sales.

What is interesting about your country?
A: Every year we have the Caribana parade, which brings thousands of people from around the world. We also have a wicked nightclub district as well.

What is the natural hair scene like in your country? Is it accepted or rejected?
A: I would say it’s 50/50. I mean I still get stares for my short curly hair, although I’m not sure whether or not they are of envy or disapproval.

Why did you go natural?
A: I started doing my reaserch on YouTube, oringinally for hairstyles for medium length relaxed hair. I came across lots of sites and videos showing women with natural hair. At that time, I was stretching my relaxers about 5 months apart and I figured ‘Why not keep going?’

I transitioned for 9 months before I decided that I was ready to do away with the relaxed stringy ends. I did my big chop May 27 09. At first I was a little shocked at what I had done, considering I did my own big chop. But then I realized that I loved my texture and it’s just hair. It will grow back.

I got a lot of questions — a lot of people asking me why I would cut off all my hair. I realized that a lot of people are misinformed. I wanted to prove to them that I was going to grow out my natural hair and they were going to love it, and most of them do now.

Where do you buy your products?
A: Either Walmart or Sally’s Beauty Supply. Right now I’m keeping it simple.

What would you like to see in your country in terms of haircare?
A: I would like to see more salons geared to natural hair .

Why do you like being natural?
A: Oh man, why don’t I love it?? I love it for its versitility, I can do any and everything with it now. I have more volume and I just can’t wait till I have a little more length.

Is there a blog/webpage/fotki where we can check your progress?
A: You can find me on naturallengths.com
I’m also on YouTube – mmizangie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails