Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Charvass ~ Before and After





How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story?

Well, actually I was natural for a while back in 2002 ,but I caved in under pressure and got a relaxer. My hair was growing quite well until I started going to this new hair dresser. I didn't want to get a relaxer but she talked me into it. About six months later, I was combing my hair then I realize my hair was gone on one side. My hair was broken off at the middle of the shaft and not from the roots. I was extremely ticked off because my hair was shoulder length. I pointed this out to my hairdresser and she acted as if nothing was wrong. She didn't want to cut my hair but it was broken off so bad that you could see through it. We fought tooth and nail about me cutting my hair. So, she finally gave in and cut it off. March 2008, I stop going to that hairdresser and started growing my perm out.


Was your transition a long or short one?

My transition was short.It only lasted 6 months.


We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair
while in transition,what products did you use to keep
your hair moisturized?



I kept my hair in braids throughout my transition. I tried to use a lot of tea tree oil, carrot oil and vitamin E on my scalp. Now I use Carol's Daughter Hair Milk or Olive Oil hair lotion.


What was your staple hairstyle while in transition?


Flat twist and braids.


When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?

OMG, my natural hairstylist talked me into the "BC". I was so scared but I went through with it and I loved my Big Chop. People were very positive about the BC and if they weren't ,I didn't give a damn because it is my hair.

Did you have any regrets?


The only regret I have, is relaxing my hair back in 2003 but lack of knowledge, peer pressure and low self-esteem caused me to give into society's beauty standards.



What are your long term goals for your hair journey?

I just want long, healthy hair.I love being natural and I am not turning back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails