Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Christannette ~ Before and After




How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story ?


Well,sometime in 2008 was the first time I considered going natural, I'd heard a silly rumor that if you don't relax your hair for a long time your hair will grow, so when I got to about 4 inches of unrelaxed hair I was seriously considering cutting off the relaxed ends, but then thought "better" of it and relaxed my hair. Earlier this year, I joined a facebook group called "Care for your hair" and I instantly became hooked on Natural hair care, my hair was always damaged, breaking and refused to stay a nice healthy length, it was always one problem after another ,but I didn't know it was actually being caused by the relaxer, so in the end I was more than ready to just chop it all off.



Was your transition a long or short one?


My transition was very short. I wasn't hesitant at all, I'd never gone that short with my hair before but I was ready, plus I wasn't really feeling braids/weave to transition because they itch me way too much, so I just chopped about 2 weeks after deciding to go natural.



We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair,what products did you use to keep your hair moisturized?


I'm still trying to find what works for my hair, but what I've discovered my hair loves so far is Pure Coconut oil, Coconut hair milk, Mega Thick doo gro oil, Alberto Balsam conditioner, Carrot oil and Organic Root stimulator hair mayonnaise.



When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?


My cut was a big change, but by the evening I was in love with it, I couldn't stop looking in mirrors lol. People reacted really well to my big chop, I got a lot of positive feedback.



Did you have any regrets?


None whatsoever.



What are your long term goals for your hair journey?



I want to grow my hair to a nice long length before I start really experimenting with my hair e.g cutting it, possibly natural hair dye etc, but for now my main focus is growth and keeping it healthy :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails