Friday, March 19, 2010

Erin~ Before and After





How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story ?


Well, I changed my hair like i change underwear! doing different things to it and putting all kinds of weaves in it. It took a toll on my hair and on me. i changed my hair so much but i had some insecurity issues.
so God and I had a very long conversation and he said in order for me to find stability in life, i needed to find stability in my hair. besides, i hated the maintenance of relaxers. and how bad they made my hair break off.


Was your transition a long or short one?

Actually i didn't transition. I had a perm and i got my hair cut ,then about a month and a half later I BC'd.



We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair ,what products do you use to keep your hair moisturized?

The product i use for moisture is a shea butter mix i mixed myself. its a combo of organic shea butter, EVOO, kemi oil, and a little KC Knot today leave in conditioner. it's so amazing i love the way it feels. its so light-weight. and i try to use it every two days. and for my protective style i use EVOO, and KC knot today diluted with water in a spray bottle.


When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?

When i decided to Big Chop ,i felt like a boy.What made matters worse ,was people thought me and my older brother were twins! it was tragic lol. People at my church asked me if i was going through a crises. My group mate at the time, and now boyfriend liked it a lot. All and all i was happy with my decision but i still wished i transitioned instead of BC'ing.


Did you have any regrets?
All and all I'm happy with my decision ,but i still wished i transitioned instead of BC'ing. lol



What are your long term goals for your hair journey?


Just to have healthier hair.





2 comments:

  1. She is absolutly beautiful!! great post.
    Naturally UK
    www.naturallyrandom.onsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous. It fits you. Now its 2012. What does it look like now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails