Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dexlyn ~Before and After




How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story ?

I decided to go natural in October 2009. 2 months before hand I had gotten a relaxer. It was weird how I came about going natural. I seen a lady with curly hair and I was like I want mines like that too. I went home that same day learning about natural hair, well I did find out we all can have different hair types which was a shock to me. I transitioned for 7 months, I recently did the BC on March 19Th 2010.


Was your transition a long or short one?

I guess long. I did it for 7 months.


We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair
while in transition,what products did you use to keep
your hair moisturized?



I kept my hair moisturized by putting water in it almost everyday. I used coconut oil and cantu shea butter leave in.


What was your staple hairstyle while in transition?


Ponytails and I did that for a couple months straight. Any other styles just didn't come out right.



When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?

When I BC'd I felt good. But a day after I felt like I should of waited a bit longer. But as of today I don't care, hair grows I am happy with my decision.
Everyone that I know loved it. My boyfriend just wishes it was longer.


Did you have any regrets?

No regrets.I just wish I had longer hair


What are your long term goals for your hair journey?


My goals are to continue loving my hair, taking care of it and watch it grow.


Me before the relaxer.


Curly fro transitioning style,





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails