Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jennifer ~ Before and After





How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story?


I wanted to go natural for about 2 years, but I never had the courage to do it. But in recent months, I started watching videos on YouTube about other women who have either gone natural or was transitioning to natural. It inspired me to want to finally try it out. I grew my hair out for few months before I got frustrated with the two textures and decided to just do it!



Was your transition a long or short one?



I only transitioned for 3 months, so it was a very short transition.


We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair while in transition, what products did you use to keep your hair moisturized?


I used Garnier Fructis leave conditioner on a daily basis to moisturize my hair whether it was wet or dry.


What was your staple hairstyle while in transition?



While transitioning I blow dried/ flat iron my hair straight every other week but I wore Bantu knots, twist sets or braid outs. When I didn’t feel like doing my hair I would put weave in for a few days.



When you decided to Big Chop, how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?


My exact statement was, “OMG my hair, I cut my hair!” I was scared out of my mind and really surprised that I just chopped off all of my hair. During the first few days I was so unsure of myself and a little insecure ,until I came to the conclusion that I didn’t care what people thought about my hair and I am the same Jennifer with or without hair.



Did you have any regrets?



Not one regret.


What are your long term goals for your hair journey?


I plan to treat my hair with the up most respect and gratitude. LOL. Seriously, I plan to continue to grow my hair out healthy (my focus is not just mega length) and embrace the natural me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails