Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Courtney~Before and After




How long were you thinking of going natural? What's the story ?

I thought about going natural for about a year or so, but had no idea where to start. It wasn't until later that I found natural hair blogs and youtube. Retaining length was never a problem for me but my hair began to thin tremendously from relaxers, so I decided to take the journey.

Was your transition a long or short one?

My transition was shorter than I had planned ,initially I wanted to transition for 1 year but I big chopped two months earlier because I was so anxious to see my progress.


We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair
while in transition,what products did you use to keep
your hair moisturized?


When I was transitioning I really didn't know what I was doing .It wasn't until I cut it all off that I really started taking care of my hair. I seal the moisture in my hair often with water, Carol's Daughters Tui Leave in Conditioner, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Cantu Shea Butter.


What was your staple hairstyle while in transition?

I did a lot of sew in weaves with my transition because I got tired of fighting with both textures.


When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?

I was actually surprised at how well I handled it, I felt great letting those relaxed ends go. My husband loved it and his opinion mattered a lot so as long as he loved it, I was okay.


Did you have any regrets?


Absolutely not, not once do I say I shouldn't have gone natural. I think I made the best decision I could of made for my hair and I can never see myself going back.


What are your long term goals for your hair journey?

I plan on eating healthy and drinking lots of water because its also important what you put in your body. My goals are to maintain healthy hair and retain length.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails