Monday, February 22, 2010

Articia~Before and After




How long have you been thinking of going natural? What's the story ?

I had been thinking of going natural for about a year prior to cutting my hair short... before the big chop. A close friend of mine was natural and she tried to talk me into it and I just didn't want to cut all my hair at that time. My hair was coming out in the same spots every few months that's what led me to cut my hair shorter. I realized that my hair grew fast, and it couldn't be that I was always stressed out, everything was going good so that couldn't be the case. After I was in a wedding in June '09 I decided I would stop relaxing my hair. My hair dresser told me that my hair would break off and shed without getting my relaxer... I researched it and learned about transitioning from relaxed to natural and that's where it all began in August 2009!


Was your transition a long or short one?

My transition was short in my opinion, it was suppose to be much longer; I had made the decision to do my BC on April 30, 2010, and I stated my transition in August 2009 But one day (October 23, 2009) I went to the Natural Hair Salon in my area to get a trim, and left with a BC...lol

We all know how important it is to moisturize our hair
while in transition,what products did you use to keep
your hair moisturized?


To be honest all I used on my hair was Cantu Shea Butter Oil Sheen, Blue Magic hair grease, and foam wrap. I started researching Natural Hair in October (when looking into transitioning I only paid a lot of attention to styles not care... big mistake, I was lucky that my natural hair wasn't damaged). I now know that I was using all the wrong products. when I think of it I was trying to treat the relaxed hair not the new natural hair. I know better now, Thank Goodness!

What was your staple hairstyle while in transition? Wet sets/ wash-n-go, braids, and

Roller wraps

When you decided to Big Chop,how did you feel about your cut? And how did people react to it?

Since my BC was a spur of the moment thing ,I was torn... I liked it but I didn't love it, but 7 days later I knew I would never go back to a relaxer; I was in love! My family, friends, and co-workers were shocked... but they all agreed it looked really good on me, and even now with more length people tell me the shorter hair was their favorite.

Did you have any regrets?

NOT AT ALL!

What are your long term goals for your hair journey?


I really just want my hair to grow as long as it wants... I look forward to trying new styles in the upcoming months, and years to come!




1 comment:

  1. Nice story. I love her look after the BC.

    My best, lynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails