Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jalissa ~A diva in Transition

Meet Jalissa,she considers her journey to be like a fairy tale.





What made you decide to go natural ? What's your story?

My name is Jalissa but, all of the natural hair lovers can call me NaturalBella. I chose that name because my natural hair story is similar to a fairy tale.
I decided to go natural because I wanted to embrace my natural beauty. I grew up with beautiful natural hair until my mother smacked a perm in my hair.During my childhood I never really knew the true beauty of my hair until I became a teen & was able to style my own hair.I was never good with the curling iron or flat iron ,so I decided to do something unique to my hair for high school ,not only because I couldn't use curlers but also because I love to stand out. At school almost every girl was rocking straight hair so I decided to rock big hair. I washed my hair & picked it out. I added some s curl to it & oil sheen. Went to school & I got great complements from everyone I seen. that's when I fell in love with my natural hair.


Have you told anybody? (friends,spouse,family members) What do they think? Is there any negative feed back?

I told everyone that I was going natural. I was so excited about transitioning. I asked my Facebook family what they think about me going natural & I got alot of good feedback & a few negative. I made a YouTube video called, "My hair Relationships" It expressed my struggles during the transition & my cry for hair tips. My mother blames herself for putting a perm in my hair. She say it was a bad idea and she supports me on my natural hair journey. My boyfriend is super loving & supportive. He says i will look good with a afro & even a bald head. Lol. I have full support from both family & friends.


What styles are you currently using to transition?

The styles that I am currently using is a simple bun. I tried quick weave & micros but, they never last. The micros only lasted for three weeks & the quick weave lasted only three days!!! So I still need some tips ladies.


What products are you using to moisturize your hair while in transition?

The products I use to moisturize my hair is some natural hair lotion I think is called GOLD & some curl activator gel because I hate black gel.



There are a lot of challenges that come with transitioning ,what are some of yours?

The challenges that I have been having during my natural hair transition is finding the right hair protection that will last. My next option is to buy a few wigs.


Do you plan to BC? (Big Chop) if so ,When?


I don't wanna do the BC because I don't have the patience to wait for my hair to grow back out full again. I LOVE MY BIG BEAUTIFUL NATURAL HAIR I will just trim my ends every 2 weeks.



What are your long term goals for your hair?


I want to be natural forever & I thank God for sending me to these wonderful & helpful sites. Much love to you Angie for this great blog. Much love to every lady who posted hair videos & much love to the Natural Sunshine site.
May God continue to bless you all! <3 NaturalBella


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails